After a lot of digging, I finally realized how easily you can make a ChatApp in Firebase with full-fledged functionality.
Here are Some Advantages that make Firebase the Best Platform for Building a Chat App
- Firebase is not bound to a set of protocols like similar other technologies. This gives the developer a whole lot of freedom to define the structure of the database as per messaging information. In other words, you can decide what should be a part of your database and whatnot.
- It is very convenient and quick to develop a ChatApp using Firebase. You can get your app up and running with minimal procedures.
- The technology framework of Firebase includes WebSocket and real-time database management through MongoDB. These powerful tools provide complete control of the database. Plus, you get the added advantage of integrating the app with other Google suite applications for monitoring the performance or hosting on the cloud.
- You can add as many features to your app as required without hindering the current functionality. Further, you can quickly test your code and see the results in real-time. It is very convenient to update the code in Firebase without stopping the application for updates.
- The applications developed using Firebase support high-end security through SSL encryption. You can also custom-define new security rules to further secure against database manipulation using the NoSQL Firebase database.
- Firebase supports cloud messaging service which allows you to send a message to any device connected to the server. This capability further allows you to send targeted messages to specific subscribers. You can also send custom notifications to your chat clients without any code jargon.
- Firebase supports a multi-platform authentication system that allows your clients to sign-in from any device without compromising the security.
- The advanced ML-Kit of Firebase contains various APIs to support custom coding for no network connection. In other words, you can integrate your own custom model based on Machine Learning for your ChatApp.
If you compare Firebase with other high-end technologies like XMPP, you may not see all the bells and whistles or similar high-flying features. But again, if you are looking for something less complicated and more flexible for building your ChatApp that ensures the easy exchange of information in real-time, Firebase is a perfect choice. Hey, do not miss out to improve and prioritize your ChatApp for stability issues using Firebase Crashlytics.